Minimum System & Hardware Requirements for Windows 10 – As you know Microsoft has released the latest version of Windows Operating System like Windows 10 with all the required features. But to use the latest version of Windows Operating System there are some System and hardware requirements. So to know all the minimum requirements, I have written this article. Microsoft has released Windows 10 Anniversary Update v1607 with all the security in it. So make it more secure, Microsoft has designed a hardware-based security layer for Smartphones, PCs, and Tablets. This hardware-based security is of type TPM 2.0 which provides cryptographic keys to protect the sensitive data on your PC/Laptop. It also secures your Virtual Machines and Software’s on your Windows Operating System.
So here are the Minimum System & Hardware Requirements for Windows 10.
Windows 10 Hardware Requirements
The following are the hardware requirements for Windows 10 PC:
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster or SoC.
- RAM: 2 GB and at least one network connectivity option.
- Storage : 16 GB (32-bit OS) and 20 GB (64-bit OS).
- Display: minimum 7-inches or larger diagonal display with SVGA resolution (800 x 600) or higher
- In case of desktop PCs, there should be at least one video output port and for other devices it is optional.
The following are the required hardware buttons for Windows 10 in desktop edition:
- You should have a Power Button.
- You should have Volume down/up Button.
- Rotation Lock Button (optional).
- Start Button (optional).
Windows 10 Mobile Hardware Requirements
MSM8994, MSM8992, MSM8952, MSM8909, MSM8208, and MSM8996 are the supported SoCs for Windows 10 Mobile. 16 levels of brightness must be supported b the devices and for the devices which has an ambient light sensor, a reporting rate of ? 4 Hz must be supported by it.
The hardware buttons which are required are:
- Start Button
- Power Button
- Volume up/down Button
- Back Button(phones which have WVGA display)
- Search Button(phones which have WVGA display)
The following are the requirements regarding memory:
- For 2560 x 1440 (WQHD) – 3 GB RAM or greater
- For 1920 x 1080 (FHD) – 2 GB RAM
- For 960 x 540 (qHD), 1280 x 720 (HD/720p), 1280 x 768, 800 x 480 (WVGA) to 854 x 480 (FWVGA) – 1GB RAM or greater.
These are the Minimum System & Hardware Requirements for Windows 10. If your device has all these requirements then you can easily have installed Windows 10 Operating System.